- Local Rother Valley MP Alexander Stafford launches his 3rd, and now traditional, Rother Valley Christmas Card Competition, open to all primary school aged children in the constituency
- The winning design will feature prominently on the front of the card, which will be sent to over 2,000 people, including residents in Rother Valley, MPs in the House of Commons and even the Prime Minister herself
- The deadline for receiving entries is 7 November, with the winner and 2 Highly Commended entrants, whose designs will also feature on the card, being announced shortly thereafter
The third Rother Valley Christmas Card Competition was launched today by local MP Alexander Stafford.
Open to all children aged 11 and under, the competition will run until 7 November, after which all entries received will be judged and the winner and runners up announced.
Children wishing to take part should post their entries to Alexander's constituency office at 39 Laughton Road, Dinnington, Sheffield, S25 2PN. Please see below for entry guidance
- Please sent all entries on A4 plain paper
- Please state, on the reverse of the card, the child's full name, the name and address of the parent or guardian giving consent for them to enter, the child's age along with the school they attend and their year group
- Please could children work with coloured pencil, pen or paint only and not use any glitter or anything 3d, like buttons and sequins
Parents or guardians acknowledge by permitting entry that their child's name, age and school will be printed on the card, should they win. We regret that we cannot return original artwork.
Commenting, Alexander said:
"It is that time of year again and I cannot wait to see what the children in Rother Valley come up with this time around.
I am always extremely proud to distribute my Christmas card to so many people, across both constituency and country, and I look forward to doing so again this year and showing everyone just how much talent there is here in Rother Valley.
I hope that lots of children will send their artwork in and help me spread some Christmas cheer!"